Chinaful Reviews: The Park Hyatt Beijing
- Rooms are large, and very zen – a huge tub and rain shower are a nice touch, and the closet was perfectly laid out for even a long stay.
- The electronic system is easy to use and perfect for a jet lagged traveler – with the same key pad, you can turn off all of the lights, close the blinds and pull the black out curtains.
- Comfy bed? Check. King sized and the perfect balance of firm yet soft
- Service is fantastic – excellent English, helpful staff that endeavor to make your stay as seamless as possible.
- Breakfast is included, and delicious. Too often rooms in Asia come with a sub-par continental breakfast. Not so at the Park Hyatt. You can choose to visit the plentiful buffet on the 66th floor, or enjoy breakfast in your room. I tried both, and they were equally delicious.
- Delicate balance of Beijing flavor with Western amenities is achieved. I love that the Park Hyatt endeavors to mix Beijing and Chinese aspects into all aspects of the hotel rather than abandon it to Western sensibilities. One example – they feature a full Chinese breakfast that features mainstays of a Beijing breakfast, such as a variation of the jian bing.
My only complaint? Cab drivers had a very difficult time finding it. If you stay at the Park Hyatt on your next trip to Beijing, be sure to have the hotel write directions for your return in Chinese. I had to rely on my Mandarin more than once to get back!
Park Hyatt Beijing
2 Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District
People’s Republic of China
Tel: +86 10 8567 1234
Fax: +86 10 8567 1000
Email: [email protected]